Monday, February 28, 2011
Consumer democracy - or consumer labour? New trend in marketing: make people work to give you their money
The future is about creating grass root movements, letting people people make stories, contribute to the message. Don´t tell, let them tell you. Don´t present, just be a stage for them.
There are several examples, presenting an interesting pattern:
1. The ibutterfly campaign where people had to play a game to get coupons.
2. The Atlantic Project forcing people to think for themselves through shiny OOH.
3. Hippo´s twitter campaign encouraging people to fix a broken supply chain.
4. The Mini campaign, engaging Swedes to run around chasing cars in a location based game
5. The LG billboards where people tweeted messages immediately visable on the board